New Mexico library may apply (public, academic, school, special or
private). Additionally, non-profit groups that directly benefit NM
libraries may apply. Grant applications must clearly demonstrate that
the libraries will benefit from these funds.
are available to libraries in New Mexico and/or related institutions in
partnership with libraries for the improvement of information services.
ScopeGrants must be used in a manner that follows the NMLF Mission Statement and that enhances library service in New Mexico.
will be provided to build and maintain collections, update information
access technology, and enhance library programs. Funding will NOT be
- Normal operating expenses
- Salaries for regular staff
- Employee benefits
- Endowment funds
- Food and food service items
Criteria for evaluating proposals
Please read the following criteria carefully. Trustees will be evaluating all grants based on the following information.
- Is the proposed project an appropriate fit with the Foundation’s mission statement?
- Is there demonstrated need and demand for the proposed project?
- Does the proposed project substantially and positively impact the organization’s customers?
- Will the proposed project benefit a meaningful number of people?
- Does the organization have the
sufficient internal resources, including qualified staff, to
successfully undertake the proposed project?
- Has the proposed project been thoroughly developed and carefully planned?
- Have the organization’s stakeholders (those expected to benefit) been consulted in development of the project?
- Is the budget for the proposed project detailed, realistic, cost effective and commensurate with the objectives?
- Is the Foundation’s funding a significant or meaningful contribution to the project?
- Has an outcomes evaluation plan been developed for the proposed project?
- Is the Foundation the most appropriate source of funding?
Development Grants have two cycles annually - Spring and Fall. Applications for the Spring Development Grant cycle will be accepted March 15 through April 30. Applications for the Fall Development Grant cycle will be accepted August 15 through September 30.
will not exceed $1000.00. It may be necessary for the grantee to adjust
its proposal if the grant is not fully funded. Grantees will be
notified when grants have been awarded.
The NMLF grant process
is competitive. The Foundation awards funding to approximately 20% of
grant applicants in a typical year.
Here are two examples of successful grant applications, generously shared with you by Rio Abajo Community Library and Albuquerque Public Library.
NMLF will not consider grant applications that are not fully and accurately completed.
NMLF will not consider grant applications that are not
fully and accurately completed. Grantees must submit an Application for
Grant Funds and a Grantee Final Report in accordance with the time
frame outlined in the Project Description.